HoRN.nam is a group of private game farmers, friends of rhinos and passionate conservationists sworn to the cause of rescuing a national treasure from falling victim to the greed of mankind.
WHAT ARE OUR OBJECTIVES?
It is the Amin of HoRN to combine all coordinate efforts by the Ministry of Environment and Tourism, the Namibian police force, the private and government rhino custodians as well as the public to actively protect Namibia’s black & white rhino.
1. CONSERVANCY PROJECT
We propose to financially and logistically support all private and governmental custodians of (black) rhino and trusted conservationists:
· By funding the veterinarian and capture costs to dart, ear tag, microchip and subject rhinos to genetic testing
· By intergrating genetic data of all rhinos into the RhODIS database in Onderstepoort, which is rum and maintained by Dr. Cindy Harper
· By facilitation the management, quick identification and tracking of all rhino and rhino horns with the help of ear tags, genetic id and microchips
· By speeding up the investigation processes surrounding Namibian poaching incidents through genetic id, ear tags and microchips
· By funding the de-horning of rhinos, which we hope will be a very effective deterrent against poachers as a last restart.
2. APU TRAINING PROJECTS
As prevention is better than cure, we would like to achieve the following:
· At least one Anti Poaching Unit (APU) on the ground in every region of Namibia
· Professional management & strategic placing of APU’s around the country
· Professional training of these units
· Military style training courses specifically for the fight against rhino poaching syndicates
Training and logistic management of the APU teams will be expensive. Without funding no individual farmer or Conservancy can afford this practical and the most effective form of protection.
3. CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (CSI) PROJECT
It is our aim to develop:
· A specialized and dedicated CSI team to be deployed the moment a poaching incident has occurred anywhere in Namibia
· Cooperation with the Namibian police to secure the crime scene
· A professionally trained team will help to catch perpetrators and stop further poaching.
4. REWARD PROJECT
Information is one of the keys to stop poaching.
· HoRN is publicly offering a substantial reward to any person or persons for information, which leads to the successful arrest and prosecution of poachers.
· By offering a reward higher that illegal poaching syndicates are willing to pay we can carp poaching in its infancy – and demonstrate to the world the true value of our Namibia rhino.
We urge everyone to act now, to contribute actively towards this cause, which is the responsibility of every Namibian, by donating your time, money, expertise or skill to the HoRN.nam fund and /or becoming a member of our organization.
ANY donations no matter how small are welcome!
First National Bank
Acc: 622 518 113 55
Branch Otjiwarongo : 280-673
Strictly necessary cookies guarantee functions without which this website would not function as intended. As a result these cookies cannot be deactivated. These cookies are used exclusively by this website and are therefore first party cookies. This means that all information stored in the cookies will be returned to this website.
Functional cookies enable this website to provide you with certain functions and to store information already provided (such as registered name or language selection) in order to offer you improved and more personalized functions.
Performance cookies gather information on how a web page is used. We use them to better understand how our web pages are used in order to improve their appeal, content and functionality.
Marketing / Third Party Cookies originate from external advertising companies (among others) and are used to gather information about the websites visited by you, in order to e.g. create targeted advertising for you.